Chocolate chip cookies are always my go to dessert. Though I am sugared out from the holidays, I couldn’t stop myself from making a batch. My tip when making cookies: SALTED BUTTER. Do not fear salted butter, embrace it.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup SALTED butter (softened)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl.
- Beat butter, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract in a large bowl until creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating each one well into the mixture.
- Gradually add flour mixture into butter mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- For each cookie, drop a tablespoon of the dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake cookies for 9 to 11 minutes.
Recipe from Very Best Baking
What are your secrets to making the best chocolate chip cookie?